±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 32089
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 79

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Magnet Axiom

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next 

Magnet Axiom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:34 pm

License renewal time for IEF and I see that it's now developed into a product called Axiom, with an attendant price rise.

I'd be interested in honest feedback on Axiom from those who've used it. Is it the next big thing? Or is it like when FTK went from 1.7 to 2 or EnCase from version 6 to 7?!

Thanks.

Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan on Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:29 am; edited 1 time in total

Jonathan

Re: Magent Axiom

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:09 pm

Why not switch to Belkasoft which has the same (and somewhere wider) feature set for much smaller price?

Belkasoft

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:26 pm

Axiom is kinda just skined IEF, no real extra value.
It does have a file system viewer and a registry viewer and the default IEF view where you can right click and see the artifact in different views panes. But meh Load the image into IEF then double check your findings in FTK anyways.

For non law enforcement I fell the tool is lacking as a competitor to FTK/Encase
Example I wanted to export a list of folders and the MAC for the folders but there was no possible way to do this in Axiom. while in Ftk i just select the folders and do a export file list to csv.
Also you cant do multiple keyword searches unless they updated it.
There is just alot missing to justify spending the money for it. I can go into more detail but just going of memory from now,.  

Deltron

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:44 am

I saw a demo. It has promise, but until they can get away from a physical dongle to license the product, I have no need for it. Same for IEF, unfortunately.  

jpickens

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Thanks guys. Not quite an overwhelming vote of confidence...

Jonathan

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:23 am

The most significant feature they tout is the 'traceback' capability (they call it something else, but I forget).

IEF comes laden with artifacts and hits - this traceback let's you know exactly where on the hard drive the artifact was found. Very helpful.

pbobby

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:48 am

- pbobby
IEF comes laden with artifacts and hits - this traceback let's you know exactly where on the hard drive the artifact was found. Very helpful.

I tested Belkasoft Evidence Center a while back and I couldn't easily figure out where the evidence was being found; that was a show-stopper for me. If I can't explain where something came from, I'm not putting it into a report.  

tracedf

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share and Like this forum topic to get more replies

Page 1 of 5
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next