±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 32089
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 78

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

ODIN: Binary size too large : recovery

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

ODIN: Binary size too large : recovery

Post Posted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:21 pm

Using Cellebrite, while trying to do a physical extraction, boot loader, I eventually receive an error and a message on the phone screen saying 'ODIN: Binary size too large : recovery' and I've had this happen with two Samsungs in a row. Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

Update: This appears to be an issue with the micoSD card I am using for the extraction. However I am not sure what the issue is as I have used the microSD card in the past and had no problems.  

PrisonPhones

Re: ODIN: Binary size too large : recovery

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:17 am

Are you using a 64GB memory card, as I spotted UFED recommended that size on a few models of Samsung.  

danielb

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:04 am

Use a recommended memory card (64GB SanDisk).

This appears to be an issue with the micoSD card I am using for the extraction

It could be a problem with firmware of a mobile device. Also, it is possible for UFED to acquire the image despite the error message you mentioned, so you may want to try the extraction method multiple times.  

thefuf

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:45 am

- danielb
Are you using a 64GB memory card, as I spotted UFED recommended that size on a few models of Samsung.

I am using a 64GB memory card. I actually had to switch to my old memory card I use for extractions and that one is only 4GB. The phone was successfully extracted with the 4GB card for some reason.  

PrisonPhones

Post Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:11 pm

hmm 64Gb....what for ? Data are not stored on SD at end... it's only act as a buffer and extracted dump are saved into local extraction directory

Bolo

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:29 am

- Bolo
hmm 64Gb....what for ? Data are not stored on SD at end... it's only act as a buffer and extracted dump are saved into local extraction directory

No, an SD card is not used as a buffer.  

thefuf

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:20 pm

Maybe buffer is wrong word - as far as I checked scheme is similar like this

BL -> eMMC -> READ CHOOSEN OFFSET/RANGE and WRITE to SD CARD (shows as T-FLASH mode) -> MOVE RANGE to EXTRACTION DIRECTORY on Local Drive -> LOOP until end.......

Bolo

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share and Like this forum topic to get more replies

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next