±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35657
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 123

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Source Code Experts

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Citizenvoice

Source Code Experts

Post Posted: Jul 06, 05 18:49

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a forensics expert who deals in reverse engineering and source code review. I require someone who is qualified either with a PhD or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar diciplines/experience (Whitehat/Greyhat) and who has courtroom testimony experience. The source code is Ansi C+/C++ and designed for embedded (Non Intel) systems and may employ such stealth techniques as rootkits, api hooks, stack overflow, etc.

Is there such a person out there Question

Thanks,
CA.  

fatrabbit

Re: Source Code Experts

Post Posted: Jul 06, 05 19:52

- Citizenvoice
The source code is Ansi C+/C++ .

I didn't think there was such a language as C+?

I thought there was only C, C++ or C#.

Citizenvoice

Post Posted: Jul 06, 05 20:45

Sorry, an extra + must have slipped by. Smile  

fatrabbit

Post Posted: Jul 06, 05 20:50

Phew! I thought for a minute there was a whole new iteration of the C language out there that I'd missed!

keydet89

Post Posted: Jul 07, 05 13:28

CA,

You're really asking for a lot...much of which sounds contradictory.

For example...PhD or MS in CS or similar "experience", to include "Whitehat/Greyhat".

Also, I wasn't aware that embedded, non-Intel systems ran os's that are susceptible to rootkits and API hooks...though I'm sure that anything using C/C++ might possibly be susceptible to stack/buffer overflows.

I'm guessing from your post that you've got a situation or possible incident that you're dealing with...or perhaps you've purchased/acquired a system that you want checked out. Given that your interest is specifically in embedded systems, I'm thinking a manufacturing or processing facility of some kind...I wouldn't think that you'd have access to source code for consumer electronics.

One thing that you haven't mentioned is location...unless that doesn't matter.

H. Carvey
"Windows Forensics and Incident Recovery"
www.windows-ir.com
windowsir.blogspot.com  

bobandmarcia1

Post Posted: Jul 11, 05 21:45

Citizenvoice,
Yes, we are such a company that can address your issues. Please e-mail me at: rwilcox @ pivx.com and I'll send you our CV. We are an information security and computer forensics company that meets your requirements.
Bob
rwilcox @ pivx.com  

Page 1 of 1