±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36212
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 146

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

A Salute to the UK Anti-Terrorism efforts

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

akaplan0qw9

A Salute to the UK Anti-Terrorism efforts

Post Posted: Jul 27, 05 20:18

I cannot help but express admiration for the success that the UK Law Enforcement, Counterintelligence and Anti-Terrorism forces have thus far had in running these thugs to ground! I'm sure that as I write this, there is more than one Computer Forensic professional making a significant contribution to the overall effort.

Keep up the good work, guys. What you're doing, is what it is all about! I salute you!
Nevada PI License #220
AKaplan @ LasVegasPI.com 

jamie
Site Admin

Re: A Salute to the UK Anti-Terrorism efforts

Post Posted: Jul 30, 05 20:00

On a related note I was interested to hear the London police commissioner mention on the BBC a few days ago that one of the reasons they would like to extend the time they can keep someone in custody without charge was due to the length of time it takes to crack encrypted computer data.

Jamie
Twitter: twitter.com/ForensicFocus
Facebook: www.facebook.com/forensicfocus 

mark777

Post Posted: Jul 31, 05 05:13

As somebody who was unfortunate enough to have been about 50 feet away from the guy who tried to blow up the oval train on the 21st but fortunate enough for the bomb not to actually explode I whole heartedly agree with the sentiments of the first posting.

akaplan0qw9

Post Posted: Jul 31, 05 19:13

Mark,

After reading about your incredible good luck, I was tempted to suggest that you may have been given a message suggesting that you were spared so that your training and talents could be used to fight those murders.

However, after noting that you are a Police Officer in The High Tech Crime Unit, I would guess that you may have been spared because you were already a valued member of team that is fighting the good fight.

You have good reason to be both thankful and proud.
Nevada PI License #220
AKaplan @ LasVegasPI.com 

schlecht

Post Posted: Jul 31, 05 20:40

Kudos to the LE/Intel community across the pond. I worked with Scotland Yard and the Metropolitan Police years ago on some intel issues and was always impressed with the level of professionalism, hard work and embracement (if that is a word) of technology.

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Jul 31, 05 22:00

Mark, glad you're still with us.

Jamie
Twitter: twitter.com/ForensicFocus
Facebook: www.facebook.com/forensicfocus 

mark777

Post Posted: Jul 31, 05 22:47

Thanks for that Jamie.

being a bit of an optimist i even spent extra money on the lottery tickets that weekend but alas I had used all my luck up already and won nothing so it looks like work is still a neccessary evil. The only problem now is do I submit the ticket on an expenses form and get the cost of purchase back or do i keep it as a souvenier. A hard decision for some one from the north of england as we are famous for being tight when it comes to money

Page 1 of 1