±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 35628
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 148

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

AOL Email Reader, please :)

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

benallie

AOL Email Reader, please :)

Post Posted: Sep 08, 05 23:13

I need an AOL ver. 9 Email reader for a case my superior is working on. FTK crashes too much and we don't want to install AOL on our machines, so, I am hoping some awesome individual out knows of an app that can read AOL v.9 Emails or even convert them to another standard format for all to read and enjoy.

Thanks a bunch!  

Andy

Re: AOL Email Reader, please :)

Post Posted: Sep 08, 05 23:57

EnCase V5 now handles AOL pretty good; however its expensive. I don't know of any converters.

Why don't you want to install AOL? This is the easy and most cost effective way to view AOL v9.

Also, what about VMWare. This is (IMHO) one of the best programs for the Forensic Computing practitioner. You can then install AOL in the VMWare guest without fear of tampering with your workstation.

Andy  

armresl

Post Posted: Sep 09, 05 05:54

If FTK is crashing a bunch you need to email the error log to Christy or Jessica and have them look at why it is crashing.

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

gmarshall139

Post Posted: Sep 09, 05 18:54

Take a look at this previous thread:

Page 1 of 1