±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36783
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 127

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Travelling with tools - your experiences

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

tvdavis

Travelling with tools - your experiences

Post Posted: Nov 23, 05 23:13

With the holidays right around the corner, lots of news shows in the U.S. are reminding those who will be flying of all the things they shouldn't bring on a plane, or should put in their checked baggage.

I have to fly to the East Coast from the West Coast soon, and am planning on bringing my fly-away forensics kit (containing screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.). I just saw a news clip where someone had their wrench confiscated. The recommendation was that you store such items in your checked bag(s). Of course, you are not allowed to lock your bags anymore so that they can be "inspected". Having had the "inspectors" help themselves to many of my personal items before, I am leery of checking several hundred dollars worth of tools!

Have any of you travelled with your tools on a plane, and if so, what were your experiences like?

Regards,

TVD
Black Mountain Forensics LLC  

m7esec

Re: Travelling with tools - your experiences

Post Posted: Nov 24, 05 00:07

Probably the best way is to Fedex it to where you go, I no longer take any of my tools (except my laptop) on the plane, I Fedex it both ways. No worries then.

Page 1 of 1