±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 169

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

System Time

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

gmarshall139

Re: System Time

Post Posted: Mar 28, 06 18:39

There are other ways to verify system time. Most involve embedded dates and times within html pages in the internet cache. Hotmail messages for instance have embedded server dates within them. Search the text of that message for "ct=". It's followed by a 10 digit unix date. Looks like this: "ct=1137596620". By comparing that with the file's created time you can judge the accuracy of the system clock.

There are a lot of ways to do it. Limited only by your imagination really. If you see weather radar pictures they will have a date and time right on the image. It wont be exact, but most of those pictures are updated every 3 or 6 hours.

christop007

Re: System Time

Post Posted: Mar 29, 06 00:33

hi guys

thanks for the advice i have a little bit more research to do on different area and i will let you know how i get on

thanks again its most appreciated

christop007  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2