±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36763
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 169

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Can't See Drive in Windows

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

DataInvestigator2

Re: Can't See Drive in Windows

Post Posted: Apr 27, 06 01:43

GMarshall, you were right, I tried this last night. I was able to aquire the image (within a folder) in Encase and it worked fine. I could copy files out to FTK (mail) and that worked well too. I also confirmed that you can't load a MAC image into FTK which was pointed out in an earlier post; that was good.

I still got the error (Script 1 out of range) when I tried to "sweep" the case within Encase....not sure why. Maybe I will look at Guidence Software's website for answers there. Thanks for the help and suggestions.....I'm on my way.

Oh, and why I use .e01 for the format of the image....because that's what I'm familiar with and know that it will load within Encase and FTK. Yes, I have seen posts suggesting other formats, including raw and dd....never tried them.  

gmarshall139

Post Posted: Apr 27, 06 07:46

I have run into some script errors recently as well. Tech support will get you through. Usually it's a simple fix.

mark777

Post Posted: Apr 28, 06 13:32

If it helps - my Colleague recently had a MAC to do and struggled with EnCase but found that WinHex Forensic worked wonderfully well with it.

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2