±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 138

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

University Courses

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

ronanmagee

University Courses

Post Posted: Apr 28, 06 17:03

Hey guys,

Thinking of starting a MSc in Computer Forensics in Dublin. Here's the modules on the course ... I was just wondering what you think of them on paper and if they would be any use for getting into Computer Forensic work?

On completion of this masters what would you recommend I do to stry and start a career in Computer Forensics?

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Ronan  

Lewis

Re: University Courses

Post Posted: Apr 28, 06 20:23

Hi Ronan

I was recently on an AccessData course in Dublin with a guy who had completed the MSc in Security and Forensic Computing at DCU. He told me that, prior to doing the course, he had sent out hundreds of job applications but had had no joy in securing employment. After completing the MSc, he applied to two established firms in this field and got offers from both.

I think if you can afford to be a full time student for another year then it is definately worth considering. One of the best aspects of this course is that it is (or at least it was) heavily subsidised - about €1400 for the year. Grab it while its going.

Good Luck

Lewis  

Page 1 of 1