±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35520
New Yesterday: 6 Visitors: 123

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

CHFI

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

infosecwriter

Re: CHFI

Post Posted: May 10, 06 06:52

Lewis

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad experience with EC Council. I hate hearing when stuf like this happens. I've been lucky and have had no problems with anything on my end. When I ordered everything, I was before the "distributors. The packages took 2 days from Malaysia. I now own a training/consulting firm that is an EC Council ATC and know for a fact (at least here in the states) that you do NOT have to buy the voucher when getting the courseware. It is sometimes cheaper, but not required. I have not had the opportunity to work with ElementK (US distributor), so I'm not sure how the communication quality is going to change. As for the quality of the material, it’s now on Version 2 and is good for getting into the field. There are several forensic images on the included CDs. There was even an EnCase demo with samples cases last time I checked.

The CEH is a good baseline. This means, it’s a beginner course. Sadly, few books even go beyond the basics. If you want advanced hacking, then go for the LPT or Mile2’s CPTE. Some people will even go a step higher and cover scratch exploit coding, malware dissection, and WiFi hacking (real fun classes to teach).  

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3