±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35251
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 148

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

BrainBench - Computer Forensics Beta Exam

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

vrocco

Re: BrainBench - Computer Forensics Beta Exam

Post Posted: May 31, 06 10:50

I still can't find this test. I tried this the first time this thread was out. Can anyone help me? It's not listed under beta tests and if I search for "forensics" I get no results.  

MindSmith

Post Posted: May 31, 06 11:26

Hi, it's likely that the beta has since expired & so they will post the 'full paid for version' soon I guess.

roncufley

Post Posted: May 31, 06 11:27

I think that you will find that it has come to the end of its beta phase and is now undergoing final verification before becoming a full test.
CCTV Forensics and analysis
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics 

infosecwriter

Post Posted: Jun 16, 06 06:39

- rcw8892
This is hardly an "advanced" examination. I wouldn't bother unless you are really bored.

I agree, the test was not advanced. There were also some poorly written questions.. I got a 4.8, or Master level if not beta.

Creator of Cyber Secrets & Just the Tip: YouTube.com/IWCCyberSec 

MindSmith

Post Posted: Jun 28, 06 08:43

For those that asked what had happened to the test - the test is now out of beta & is available free on the brainbench site.

I guess once it becomes popoular - they will start charging for it.

Regards,

berogersjr

Post Posted: Jul 02, 06 01:40

I just took it (it is live now, by the way, but still free), and I think it was a typical certification exam. Sure there were some ridiculously easy questions, and some that made me really have to think a minute...and I have been doing forensics for a few years, so I wasn't stumped due to inexperience, just hadn't seen some of the topics they asked about before. Having said that, it's about like a typical certificaton exam. Even if you don't think of it as a serious certification exam, it's still good practice for some of the others out there (CHFI, CIFI, etc.), and it does serve to test your knowledge a bit. Just my two cents worth....

bobby

debaser_

Post Posted: Jul 02, 06 22:10

Just took it for fun and it seemed pretty cool. I expected to bomb as I dont do forensics for a living but i passed I think. It said i got a 4.12.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2