±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36775
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 79

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Questions to those using Paraben Device Seizure & Blackberry

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

b0dhi

Questions to those using Paraben Device Seizure & Blackberry

Post Posted: Jun 17, 09 17:13

Hi all!

Questions for you folks that use this tool for BB forensics.

I noticed on Paraben's site it says the tool does a Logical Acquistion of the Blackberry devices. I take this to mean that it won't be possible to recover deleted items?

Also, will it parse Pin-to-Pin messages?

Thanks in advance!  

paraben

Re: Questions to those using Paraben Device Seizure & Blackb

Post Posted: Jun 18, 09 02:43

b0dhi,

That is correct, Device Seizure will not recover deleted messages from most BlackBerry devices. As for Pin-to-Pin I don’t know for sure. Pin-to-Pin can be sent as email (it just uses the Pin number instead of the email address), but it also can be used as an instant message application (BlackBerry Messenger). So if they used the Pin to send email, we would recover those. If they used it with BlackBerry Messenger, we would not recover it. I hope this helps.  

b0dhi

Re: Questions to those using Paraben Device Seizure & Blackb

Post Posted: Jun 18, 09 16:47

Hey, thanks for the quick response Paraben! That does indeed help me out! do you guys think you'll ever be able to do physical acquisiton of BBs?  

Page 1 of 1