±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35520
New Yesterday: 6 Visitors: 129

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Career in Digital Forensics - Age?

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

MrPeabody

Re: Career in Digital Forensics - Age?

Post Posted: Jan 27, 15 12:07

Another 45yo career-changer here. Except that I'm coming from a seemingly less related background than most of you (audio). I did the CCE Bootcamp self-study and got my CCE last year. But now I have no idea which way to go really. The field seems so vast, between CF for LE, mobile forensics, CF for IT, web-based, cloud-based, CF for archives, etc. I have no idea what to concentrate on -- or even where to begin finding the work experience for it. Obviously just having a CCE and one or two CompTIA certs won't do it. Does anybody really have ALL this stuff down?

Like ched999uk, I also enjoy problem solving, but not testifying in court. I could definitely use some suggestions, as it's damn near paralyzing trying to figure out where I can best concentrate my efforts and get off the ground ASAP. I would really like to do CF in archival work, but I've found very little on that subject anywhere.

I'm hoping what redcat said is true -- that real-world experience and a slightly different background is valued.  

erpam

Re: Career in Digital Forensics - Age?

Post Posted: Feb 03, 15 15:20

Hey ched999uk, you might want to check this one out, it is a Master of Science course in digital investigation and computer forensics from University College Dublin that you can attend online.

I am a recent graduate and I strongly recommend it. Good luck.

Here is the link.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2