±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 32893
New Yesterday: 9 Visitors: 154

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Forensic Courses

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Forensic Courses

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:58 am

Hi,

Need some advise on which is the most effective forensic course I can take.

I am already familiar with FTK and Encase and I will be doing CHFI course this year. now need to pick second forensic course which can fit within my job role as a forensic investigator. anything around network or computer related course.

Many Thanks

Dizy  

Dizy_0dk

Re: Forensic Courses

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:09 pm

Which tool(s) will you be using primarily? What platforms will you be examining? What types of cases?  

tracedf

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:30 pm

- tracedf
Which tool(s) will you be using primarily? What platforms will you be examining? What types of cases?

we have FTK, examining PC's hard drive memory, live and dead forensic. packet analysis.  

Dizy_0dk

Post Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:09 pm

Have you taken the official FTK training courses? If not, I'd start with that and get certified. If you have already done that, perhaps look at the SANS training.

What type of environment are you working in? Do you do internal investigations? Are you in or assisting law enforcement? Are you doing incident response?  

tracedf

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:14 am

For packet analysis specifically, Wireshark provide quite a few online training materials.  

Chris_Ed

Post Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:51 am

- tracedf
Have you taken the official FTK training courses? If not, I'd start with that and get certified. If you have already done that, perhaps look at the SANS training.

What type of environment are you working in? Do you do internal investigations? Are you in or assisting law enforcement? Are you doing incident response?

mainly internal investigations, for FTK training no I haven't. one more question does much does CHFI course help compare to other forensic courses.  

Dizy_0dk

Page 1 of 1