±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 32915
New Yesterday: 6 Visitors: 114

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G935F adb backup

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G935F adb backup

Post Posted: Mon May 08, 2017 6:32 am

In many cases the physical dump of sda can be decrypted, but in some cases our method fails, since it depends on the settings which were used on the device.

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 5:48 am

Hi,

Thank you for you answer. I hope there would be answers, but I know that this one is really pain in our buts :)!

I have not been able to root without wipe. It also seems that situation is the same in all around the world...except Cellebrite CAIS.

May I ask if you (passcodeunlock) are using hashcat for the decryption or do you have your own software in use? Normally I wouldn't ask, but I am starting to be a little bit desperate :D. And of course I understand quite well, that not all information is not for public..or at least not for free :D.

But keep up the good work and hopefully we can all get some better news soon.  

Shaky

Post Posted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:23 pm

I have just written up a walkthrough on how to root a galaxy s7 Edge without rooting the data to obtain a physical extraction with cellebrite.

You can view it here:

blog.pnb.io/

blog.pnb.io/2017/05/ho...thout.html

If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it!  

Patrick.bell

Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:01 pm

Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G935F
Android 6.0.1
Android Secuirty patch level:1 August 2016.

Did you try Advanced ADB method?  

Mreza

Post Posted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:01 pm

- Patrick.bell
I have just written up a walkthrough on how to root a galaxy s7 Edge without rooting the data to obtain a physical extraction with cellebrite.

You can view it here:

blog.pnb.io/

blog.pnb.io/2017/05/ho...thout.html

If you have any feedback I'd love to hear it!

Hi,

Really nice! Looks really good and I am sure people can root their S7 Edges with Android 6 (Marshmallow) with that quide. But the problem really is Android 7.0 (Nougat).

I decided to give up and start some new challenge :). There was this Honor 7 lite (NEM-L21) that had some serious water damage on it (was in water for two days). Motherboards EMI shields were full of burn marks, I mean some of them were totally black.

I did chip off and noticed that eMMC is good to go. I got physical extraction, but it was again encrypted.

Then I went to local shop and bought two Honor 7 lite phones. I did a teardown to another and desoldered CPU and eMMC. Then I gave a good clean to whole motherboard and pads (didn't use any wick).

I had all ready desoldered the eMMC from water damaged PCB. I Desoldered the CPU also.

Then it was time to do some reballing, it was specially time consuming with the CPU. I rather use solder balls and do everything manually.

Last step was to solder those CPU and eMMC to a good PCB. It went well. I gave the PCB to cool down and did some testing. It was not good to go. I noticed that on the other side of PCB, there is power management chip that was shorted. So I did use too much heat when desoldered CPU and eMMC or when soldered them back.

So one more step...I desoldered the PM chip, reballed it and soldered it back to PCB.

After cool down the phone booted normally and luckily there were only swipe lock. After that, I did a little victory dance to entertain my colleagues who works in same office :D.

Our goal was working device, so we could use even CAIS. But for once I had some good luck.

This was good example for me, and hopefully to some other mobile forensics guys, that never give up like I have done with S7 running Android N. Very Happy  

Shaky

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2017 6:43 am

I just saw that Chainfire Autoroot is now available for Android 7.0. Has anyone tried this yet?
autoroot.chainfire.eu  

SamBrown

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2