±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 33148
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 74

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Extracting Raw Data

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Extracting Raw Data

Post Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:16 am

Is it possible to extract/parse the SQLite database files from a raw .dd image of an Android phone using a Python Script(s)?

The reason I ask this question is that I intend to do this for a project.  

Dannymoville1990

Re: Extracting Raw Data

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:53 am

I'm sure it's possible, but probably a lot more work to do it that way than it's worth (unless this is a session in learning data recovery programming).

I'd probably use a program like R-Studio or R-Linux to carve out the files. You can even define custom file signatures using R-Studio so you can fully control how it's carving out the data.

JaredDM

Post Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:06 pm

Hey. I recommend that you try the tool "512byte" to restore SQLite records: 512byte.ua/articles/pr...very.html. Very useful program.  

tito

Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:06 am

Thank You all for your input to my question. I will investigate these options in further detail as time progresses.  

Dannymoville1990

Post Posted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:51 pm

- tito
Hey. I recommend that you try the tool "512byte" to restore SQLite records: 512byte.ua/articles/pr...very.html. Very useful program.

This looks nice but it seems to be private for their own use. Wonder how would it handle corrupted databases like after factory reset when you get only part of the file.  

arcaine2

Post Posted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:40 am

SQLite Recovery from Sanderson offers recovering from RAW

Bolo

Post Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:35 am

- arcaine2
- tito

This looks nice but it seems to be private for their own use. Wonder how would it handle corrupted databases like after factory reset when you get only part of the file.

Hello! No, this program not for personal use, you can receive a demoversion.
Uniqueness of the program - the fact that she works with the records SQLite. If the file is damaged, the program anyway will take and will provide you reports of the database.  

tito

Page 1 of 1