±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 3 Overall: 33055
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 186

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Advice on Security Certificate

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Advice on Security Certificate

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:45 am

- chienchat
Actually I am considering OSCP and CISA at this moment. Personally I enjoy the pen-testing direction, but most of the advice that I got from others shows that CISA has a more opportunities in the market. What do you think about these two?

OSCP will certainly give you a technical challenge, and if you like penetration testing, you are likely to have the motivation necessary. Other pen testers are highly likely to know it, while management may not always have heard of it.

CISA is more information security-related, and if you can find their exam objectives anywhere (I find them in a study guide), you'll find topics such as 'knowledge of contracting strategies', as well as various technical topics in IT security, similar to what CISSP has.

In order to take a CISA cert, you need "a minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience" (although there are several waiver possibilities).

I can't judge marketability well.  

athulin

Re: Advice on Security Certificate

Post Posted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:34 am

- athulin
- chienchat
Actually I am considering OSCP and CISA at this moment. Personally I enjoy the pen-testing direction, but most of the advice that I got from others shows that CISA has a more opportunities in the market. What do you think about these two?

OSCP will certainly give you a technical challenge, and if you like penetration testing, you are likely to have the motivation necessary. Other pen testers are highly likely to know it, while management may not always have heard of it.

CISA is more information security-related, and if you can find their exam objectives anywhere (I find them in a study guide), you'll find topics such as 'knowledge of contracting strategies', as well as various technical topics in IT security, similar to what CISSP has.

In order to take a CISA cert, you need "a minimum of 5 years of professional information systems auditing, control or security work experience" (although there are several waiver possibilities).

I can't judge marketability well.

Thanks for the tips. THe experience requirement of CISA is indeed a problem for me. Maybe I will just go for CFE for now.  

chienchat

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2