±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35244
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 187

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Security issue on this website

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

TinyBrain

Security issue on this website

Post Posted: Dec 12, 18 12:27

Only after login into this website the connections turns into TLS-based. From my point of view this is unacceptable to submit the credentials unencrypted. I also miss a higher level of transparency of this website to the security establishment of the UK. From previous posts of others
starting to question, the owners can simple block me out. Yes, you an. But is this really the good way?  

jamie
Site Admin

Re: Security issue on this website

Post Posted: Dec 12, 18 12:39

I will happily look into any concerns you have, please PM me to continue the discussion.  

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Dec 12, 18 13:00

Thank you admin for hangin

Just landing on FF before the first click, the connection is not secure. Its not me saying this, Chrome 71, up-to-date, says this.
Before trying this by yourself, make sure you clean off all cache and cookies.

Transparency should be public here, I respect your offer for PM, but this leads to intransparency. See it the other way around, by increasing transparency you build trust. People mistrusting FF will be silent readers, but not posters or contributers.

Public forensic/hacking know-how is critical. If FF is the long arm of GCHQ this is ok, but to publicly not knowing - I may did not find it in the website rules and disclaimers seems problematic.

If you feel I am speaking to open about security issues, I apologize and will join the silent readers. Respectfully yours.  

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Dec 12, 18 16:23

I can only assume you were landing initially on a non-https version of the site for some reason (forcing https is currently being tested). In any event, please note that questions or concerns about site security should be sent through the contact form at www.forensicfocus.com/contact (or to me via PM) to ensure that they are read promptly and replied to/actioned if necessary. I note your concerns regarding transparency but these forums are intended strictly for the discussion of digital forensics, not site-related issues which you wish to bring to the attention of management - please bear that in mind going forward, thank you.