±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35657
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 224

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

What is worth an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without dongle?!

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

passcodeunlock

What is worth an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without dongle?!

Post Posted: Feb 12, 19 12:12

Please post your opinions on the following questions:

1. If bought as used, is it possible to renew an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without having the original dongle ?!

2. What is the approximate worth of the used cables and tips, if the dongle for starting the used and expired Cellebrite UFED4PC is missing ?!

I know what I would answers on these, but I would be happy to see some other opinions as well.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Re: What is worth an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without dong

Post Posted: Feb 12, 19 22:03

Almost a hundred reads and nobody has any opinion ?!

Where are you jaclaz ?! Smile
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

UnallocatedClusters

Post Posted: Feb 13, 19 00:43

The Cellebrite dongle is required for me to run my locally installed version of UFED4PC.

Cellebrite comes out with updates very regularly, so maintenance is worth it, in my opinion.

I would confirm with Cellebrite the company directly about renewing maintenance.  

randomaccess

Re: What is worth an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without dongle?!

Post Posted: Feb 13, 19 05:08

- passcodeunlock

1. If bought as used, is it possible to renew an expired Cellebrite UFED4PC without having the original dongle ?!

that's probably a good question to ask Cellebrite?  

badgerau

Post Posted: Feb 13, 19 07:01

1. No
2. US$400  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Feb 13, 19 09:28

- badgerau
1. No
2. US$400

Thanks, I thought something similar, some cables and tips are missing, so that means even less for #2.

jaclaz

Post Posted: Feb 13, 19 12:09

- passcodeunlock

Where are you jaclaz ?! Smile

Right here, just behind you, and watching you Wink .

1. No
2. It depends. Anything between US$50[1] and US$400[1] .

jaclaz

[1] I.e. what you would spend sourcing, "normal" connectors/adapters/gender changers and assembling them, or if you prefere how much you value your time, see also mcman's reply to this similarly themed thread:
www.forensicfocus.com/...c/t=16837/

AFAICU the Tip and Cable set is more a "convenience" and a way to "be prepared"

Page 1 of 1