±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35522
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 195

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Forensic examination of IM application Trillian

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

kasimh_12

Forensic examination of IM application Trillian

Post Posted: Mar 25, 19 12:25

Hi, for my project I'm performing a forensic analysis of IM app Trillian using Celebrite UFED 4PC. However, upon performing a physical extraction on the rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus, all data was unreadable, except from two photos and a voice message sent. In my report, I will need to justify why the results of the project were not successful and then define precautions I took against this and why they didn't work.

My question is, does anyone know why Cellebrite did not extract all data from Trillian, and why only a couple of photos and voice message were only found?

Thanks in advance!  

benfindlay

Re: Forensic examination of IM application Trillian

Post Posted: Mar 25, 19 12:40

Hi,

I've seen your other thread about Cellebrite and Trillian where you reference that you are doing a project, so before I answer further can I just check whether this is a university project/assignment? I ask as getting too much help here may adversely affect your grade if your supervisor/lecturer sees you simply being given the answers rather than researching them or finding them yourself.

So, in the event that it is a academic assignment of some description, firstly what reason do your teachers give you for this happening?

Secondly, does the Cellebrite software/manual suggest that Trillian should be supported?
Teesside University 

kasimh_12

Re: Forensic examination of IM application Trillian

Post Posted: Mar 25, 19 12:45

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. Yes its a university project, however I have not received clear answers and I'm struggling very much to find this myself  

Page 1 of 1