±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35894
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 131

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Keylogger in a corporate environment

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

enigmazn

Keylogger in a corporate environment

Post Posted: Apr 02, 19 22:42

What is the legality of using a keylogger against corporate endusers? I was asked to research and purchase a hardware and software keylogger. I have my reservation about it however not exactly sure. What do you think or what is the law?  

armresl

Re: Keylogger in a corporate environment

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 03:27

Way too vague without much more information.

- enigmazn
What is the legality of using a keylogger against corporate endusers? I was asked to research and purchase a hardware and software keylogger. I have my reservation about it however not exactly sure. What do you think or what is the law?

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

Sildeh

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 07:33

- enigmazn

I think it entirely depends on your internal policies. Some places are very free in the sense they put a lot of trust in their employees and have limited access. Others, are quite open about the fact you have very little privacy and if you are using work equipment during work time, expect that someone can and will view/question it.

I'm sure there would be some legality issues if it went beyond internal policies but there is sometimes a fine line between the two.  

xandstorm

Post Posted: Apr 03, 19 13:54

Depends primarily on local legislation, but for the private sector, the 2 most important keywords here are proportionality and subsidiarity.

Cheers,
Lex  

Page 1 of 1