±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35755
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 144

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Cyber Security Computer Forensic Analyst - Columbus, OH

Forensic Focus has a new job board and this forum has now been archived. If you are a job seeker, please view our current list of job vacancies at https://jobs.forensicfocus.com/jobs/ If you are an employer/agency and wish to post your job vacancies, please register at https://jobs.forensicfocus.com/registration/
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

jpickens

Cyber Security Computer Forensic Analyst - Columbus, OH

Post Posted: Jun 18, 19 20:02

We have an open role in our Ohio team for a forensic analyst. This role is part of a global team of cyber security digital forensic instigators.

This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:

•Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
•Foundational knowledge of cyber security organization practices, operations, risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering and threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
•Ability to collaborate with high-performing Agile teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish goals
•Proficiency in the use of skills tools, staying current with skills, participating in multiple forums
•Ability to analyze vulnerabilities, threats, designs, procedures and architectural design, producing reports and sharing intelligence
•Foundational knowledge of: computer forensics; legal, government and jurisprudence as they relate to cyber security; operating systems; and methods for intelligence gathering and sharing
•Foundational knowledge of: cloud computing, computer network defense, external organizations and academic institutions dealing with cyber security issues, financial authorities and regulations, identity management, incident management, information assurance, information management, information systems and network security and infrastructure design
•Preserve network and host-based digital evidence in an industry accepted forensically sound manner
•Experience conducting digital forensics examinations on Windows operating systems using industry standard forensic tools (preferably familiar with EnCase, FTK and X-Ways forensic suites)

Full job description is HERE.  

jbarber

Re: Cyber Security Computer Forensic Analyst - Columbus, OH

Post Posted: Jun 19, 19 19:26

Hi! Is this a remote optional position? I am in Lexington, KY.

Thanks

Jim  

armresl

Post Posted: Jun 20, 19 03:50

No Jim, it's not.

- jbarber
Hi! Is this a remote optional position? I am in Lexington, KY.

Thanks

Jim

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

jbarber

Post Posted: Jun 20, 19 18:28

Thanks!  

cybersecurity

Post Posted: Jun 21, 19 17:06

Hello,

I'm located in Washing state and just graduated with a B.A.S in Cyber Security.
I'm willing to relocate, but I'm not too sure if this is an "entry level" position or if your organization has any entry level position.
I've been avidly seeking employment anywhere in the United States. Any hints, tips, suggestions, or comments would be helpful; regarding acquiring employment in the computer forensics / E discovery sector.

Thanks!  

armresl

Post Posted: Jun 21, 19 20:52

The easiest way to answer that is, If you owned that company, would you trust your data, investigations, security, and infrastructure with you?

Or, do you go with the guy who has been doing it for awhile?

That's basically the decision all the HR people and the people who will interview/test you will be thinking and what you will need to ask yourself to see how you can stand out from others.

Not sure what cyber security entails vs. IR, DR, or investigations in general.

- cybersecurity
Hello,

I'm located in Washing state and just graduated with a B.A.S in Cyber Security.
I'm willing to relocate, but I'm not too sure if this is an "entry level" position or if your organization has any entry level position.
I've been avidly seeking employment anywhere in the United States. Any hints, tips, suggestions, or comments would be helpful; regarding acquiring employment in the computer forensics / E discovery sector.

Thanks!

Alan B. "A man can live a good life, be honorable, give to charity, but in the end, the number of people who come to his funeral is generally dependent on the weather. " 

cybersecurity

Post Posted: Jun 21, 19 22:37

- armresl

Not sure what cyber security entails vs. IR, DR, or investigations in general.

Below is a list of classes that my college provided for my degree (it varies per college". The main association being
"Computer Forensics Fundamentals", where we used Access Data's FTK tools.

Below are more.

Unix/Linux
Cryptology
PC Hardware
Ethical Hacking
Windows Server
Database Design
Wireless Security
Computer Ethics
Database Systems
Professional Ethics
Computer Security