±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36223
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 177

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Course

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

berogersjr

Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Course

Post Posted: Jul 10, 06 00:37

As a training video author for the Virtual Training Company (www.vtc.com), I recently co-authored the first title of a video series, "Introduction to Computer Forensics" , which published in May. I'd like to get some feedback and some honest reviews about the course and its content, and how relevant or helpful you think it may be to the newer people in our profession. Although, unfortunately, I can't send anyone free copies of the course, several sample chapters from the title are on the VTC site, and should be enough to give you a good idea of how the rest of the video is done.

The narration is done by my co-author, Brad Causey, and I wrote the course content , demos, and case studies.

I'm currently writing the outline for the series' follow on video, "Advanced Topics in Computer Forensics", and any input or ideas that you could give me that would help me write a quality product would be welcome as well.

Thanks in advance for some contstructive feedback!

Regards,
Bobby

keydet89

Re: Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Course

Post Posted: Jul 10, 06 03:25

Bobby,

I'd be happy to assist. If the course is simply accessed via VTE, could you provide a link?

Thanks,

Harlan  

berogersjr

Re: Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Cou

Post Posted: Jul 10, 06 03:34

Thanks! The link is:

www.vtc.com/products/forensics.htm

Again, all that you would have access to (without actually purchasing the course) is several samples and the outline. The samples are the first several chapters of the title, and are played via QuickTime.

Look forward to your feedback.

Bobby

MindSmith

Re: Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Course

Post Posted: Sep 10, 06 15:26

Bobby,

I looked at a few of the available previews. My initial thoughts are good. Looking at it from a student perspective - inclusion of some video of the presenters, perhaps some examples of documentation, hardware, etc would be useful, as opposed to just watching the ppts. Provision to have a short quiz - multiple choice at the end of each chapter would also help keep it interactive.

Just my thoughts.

Good luck.

berogersjr

Re: Request for reviews and feedback: Computer Forensics Cou

Post Posted: Sep 11, 06 17:30

Thanks...appreciate the feedback. Those are all good points. We had to go with the requirements of the company we created the course for, so some of those good points we weren't able to do for this title. I'll pass them on to the production manager, though, and maybe we can incorporate them into the Advanced one when we do it (hopefully befiore December).

bobby

Page 1 of 1