±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36459
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 157

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Java deployment cache index files

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

keydet89

Java deployment cache index files

Post Posted: Feb 05, 13 23:33

Is anyone analyzing the subject files for indications of an initial infection vector? If so, what are the commonalities you're seeing?  

keydet89

Re: Java deployment cache index files

Post Posted: Feb 06, 13 01:51

Bueler?  

BitHead

Post Posted: Feb 06, 13 03:14

Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.  

keydet89

Post Posted: Feb 06, 13 05:17

I heard that he passed out because he saw what my IDX parser could do and was so amazed. He was so excited that he then ran all the way to 31 Flavors, had an ice cream, developed hyperglycemia, and passed out again! OMG!

Glad to see you're parsing the *.idx files and your stuff is all locked tight, BitHead.  

BitHead

Post Posted: Feb 06, 13 10:46

In all seriousness I personally have not had a cause to examine Java deployment cache index files. Yet.  

keydet89

Post Posted: Feb 06, 13 18:13

Interesting.

So, you may be concerned with malware on a system, but not so much as to how it got there?

I try to raise these topics for discussion, and the reason for doing so hit me last night. I was contacted by a member of LE (on the federal level) as one person amongst several in the email "To:" field...this examiner has some misconceptions with respect to shellbag analysis that led to some pretty significant confusion...the kind that you find when you've gone too far down the wrong rabbit hole. I don't think that the folks doing the research could have anticipated the questions the examiner had, nor foreseen the assumptions that were made. This is why I tried multiple times to get a discussion going on the topic in this forum...  

joachimm

Post Posted: Feb 07, 13 00:50

Harlan, can you elaborate a bit on the misconception, might be a useful learning experience for others as well.  

Page 1 of 4
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next