±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35894
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 147

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Starting a Forensics Consulting Career

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

josh.lowery

Re: Starting a Forensics Consulting Career

Post Posted: Apr 05, 13 00:40

lol ya I can see where you would consider that unethical but I already have a B.S. in computer and digital forensics as well as my ACE cert and working on my EnCE cert. So I have a good foundation for the forensics portion, I can always grow on the forensics side and I at least have some ideas and direction for that but it is the consulting part that eludes me. Would joining an organization like the HTCIA be beneficial? It would allow me more access to forensics professionals in the area and learn from their experience.  

jhup

Re: Starting a Forensics Consulting Career

Post Posted: Apr 05, 13 19:30

I know several of the more prominent non-vendor specific certifications also come with listserv memberships. There are often requests for assistance for out of region collections. This maybe of use.

If I wanted to restart my consulting I would approach legal firms, and sell some work for them.

I would approach local forensicators and tell them I am available to sub for them in areas of expertise.

I would also approach the office of Public Defender within my jurisdictions (state, city, county, etc.), and Legal Aid offices to provide pro bono services. I would also drop by my various local LE offices, and provide them presentations. All these would get my name out there.

Of course this is just one facet of consulting.  

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2