±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 32794
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 157

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Masters Degree it is then, but from whom?

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: Masters Degree it is then, but from whom?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:09 pm

Although I haven't done the course I would highly recommend the university of Glamorgan, the staff and students over there are doing some very interesting work, particularly around data recovery and they have some excellent resources.

However, if you are looking closer to London then there is still the option of doing an MSc through Cranfield Uni at Shrivenham Defence Academy. You would need to attend modules there but I believe these are staggered so you would not be required to attend all the time. A colleague of mine has taken a sabbatical to complete his MSc there this year.

kiashi

Post Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:55 pm

I can personally vouch for and recommend University College Dublin (UCD) here in Ireland. I am currently doing the Masters in Digital Investigation & Computing Forensics myself and i am REALLY enjoying it. The course is well laid out and presented.

In particular 2 projects which i really enjoyed was working on a kidnapping case that they got a writer to come up with and they set up 3 disk images. You use provided software such as X-Ways, Net Analysis etc. to investigative the 3 images and figure out what happened and the story behind the kidnapping.

The second was a live pen testing project where we had to attack an environment set up for us and discover its vulnerabilities, exploit them and then document how best to fix the vulnerability. We had about 2 months to complete each project and i loved doing both of them.

You are listed as living in the UK and this course is open to distance learning. We currently have a class of about 50-60 people, 35 or so of those people are all doing distance learning from all over the world. All classes are streamed live whenever the class is scheduled for and each classes is recorded and uploaded to moodle. So if you do not manage to catch the live stream, you can watch the recording at your own convenience.

Through the year i think there are only 2 mandatory days of attendance, 1 for exams and 1 for a workshop. The rest all assignments can be submitted online via moodle.  

Nirnias

Post Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:06 am

Hi All
There is a huge opportunity for this in Africa. I am an Msc Forensics and Security graduate hoping to setup a consultancy in Ghana.

if anyone wants to partner he or she is welcome. I know this may sound crazy but the chances here are better than Europe where firms are just not hiring.

I have moved back from the UK after graduation and hoping to do this but I can't do it alone.
Let me know if you are interested as you can always bail if you think it is a waste of time but I don't know of any Forensics Lab in West Africa and that's how large the market is here.

Get in touch at khnart @ yahoo.com if you are interested  

sunkiss

Post Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:36 am

Thanks

=================

coque galaxy s8  

dsacn

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2