±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 35522
New Yesterday: 2 Visitors: 170

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Recover emails from PST file?

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

vrocco

Recover emails from PST file?

Post Posted: Oct 20, 06 21:48

I am not familiar from a forensic standpoint of how Outlook stores data in a PST file. I have been asked if it is possible to recover a deleted email from a computer that was set up with personal folders(pst). Recovering from the exchange server is not possible as it recently was wiped and totally reimaged. The "Deleted Items" folder of the PST has been emptied. Is it still possible to recover an email after that? Is there a program that does this, or can it be done manually?

Thanks in advance!!  

MindSmith

Re: Recover emails from PST file?

Post Posted: Oct 20, 06 22:49

Take a look at ONtrack's Easy Recovey Professional, or EasyRecovery Email Repair solutions. The email Repair feature has helped me to recover deleted mail items a number of times. There are other solutions too, but these have worked best for me.

Point to note though & that is if the PST has been compressed recently - your chances of recovery the deleted emails in question are slim at best.

The URL is www.ontrack.com

Regards,

koko

Re: Recover emails from PST file?

Post Posted: Oct 23, 06 18:56

cheaper and probably better:
www.recover-my-email.com/  

Page 1 of 1