±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 34714
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 253

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

PhD Cybercrime Topics

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

PhD Cybercrime Topics

Post Posted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:05 am

Hi All

I am currently a PhD student in Cyber Security and in a position to decide on my topic....I would be interested to do a topic that is a industry related problem in cybercrime

Any suggestions for topics? or would any external partner work with me on the project

Regards

Tina  

twu1

Re: PhD Cybercrime Topics

Post Posted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:27 am

DDoS attacks are a hot topic at the moment, although a lot has already been written about them...  

Logan

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:58 am

Hi,

How about going for Network Forensics?
This is hell a lot in this arena that has not been explored yet. I can help you out with some skilled partners. Let me know if you are interested.

Regards  

AshishSingh

Post Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:11 am

There is an Announcement in this section of the board, here:
www.forensicfocus.com/...forum/f=5/
www.forensicfocus.com/...ic/t=6829/

Pointing to this:
www.forensicfocus.com/project-ideas

The general idea is AFAICU that:
  1. people interested in getting ideas for projects should first check it
  2. people actually having the ideas should submit them to Jamie (so that they can be added there)

jaclaz

jaclaz

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 1:56 pm

I am also looking for an online school to do a PhD Cyber-crime/Cyber Security or in Forensics.
Any such schools
Thanks  

sunkiss

Post Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:05 am

Hello All,

I am in Europe as a Forensic Examiner, and since I already have my masters, I am now going for my Ph.D, which I have selected to go through Darmstadt Technical University, Germany, my topic is on Data Reduction from a Forensic's standpoint. Meaning, I have to come up with a process to eliminate big data problems to find the "bad files" in the hay stack. I have read a few journals on this topic and most have the same issues. I am developing my PhD proposal on this topic and have found three main themes with creating a process.

Scalability
Automation
Visualization

My question to the forum, is I would like to hone in on specific methodologies, and if someone already knows methodologies please list them below. I realize Encase/FTK and most tools do some type of data reduction. Lets collaborate.

Thanks,

Eric  

itprofessional1940

Re: PhD Cyber Forensic Topics

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:21 am

Dear all

Hi, my name is Divakar. I am currently working n Cyber forensic domain in an IT firm and planning to pursue Ph.D in same domain to increase my knowledge plus get more indulged in research part of forensics.

But I am not able to decide which part should I choose as Cyber Forensic itself is a very huge domain. Can you please suggest me any topic to go through so it can become easy for me to decide as soon as possible.

Thank you and waiting for your response.  

divakarforensic

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next