±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 34714
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 291

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

PhD Cybercrime Topics

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: PhD Cyber Forensic Topics

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:16 am

- divakarforensic
But I am not able to decide which part should I choose as Cyber Forensic itself is a very huge domain. Can you please suggest me any topic to go through so it can become easy for me to decide as soon as possible.

First, check with the universities where you may go for this thesis work what is required to be accepted as a student. What prior exams do you need? In general, a bachelor's degree is required, but there may be additional requirements, such as masters degree? Do you fulfil those requirements? (I have no idea -- ask your local resources and institutions for help on this. Added: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ophy#India may help.)

Next, doctoral studies take time -- what time is the minimum in your particular areas? In some places, a doctoral work is estimated to 2-3 years full time courses, followed by at least 1 year of full-time research. Do you have that time? Do you have the money?

Deciding what exactly to research is usually worked out during those years of studies -- discussions with professor or course tutor, with fellow students, and possibly with interested companies or institutions.

Where are you, right now? At the very beginning? Go find a student advisor -- say, at a local university -- and discuss how you best get to where you want to be.

If you're already registering for doctoral studies, you should not need to know exactly what area your thesis will address. Just make something up. You will almost certainly be able to change your mind.

If you're getting towards the end of your studies, and still don't know ... you probably have thrown your time away.  

athulin

Re: PhD Cybercrime Topics

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:26 am

- itprofessional1940

My question to the forum, is I would like to hone in on specific methodologies, and if someone already knows methodologies please list them below.

Sniper Forensics  

keydet89

Post Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:16 am

For my Master's Thesis I wrote about the legalities involved in allowing companies to hack back when attack (I termed it a Cyber Stand Your Ground law). Seems it got some traction as of late...  

the_Grinch

Post Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:58 am

The last one I did was on Risk Analysis/Assessment of BYOD/BYOL into an enterprise environment. Was a fun one!  

Randy_Randerson

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2