±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35251
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 125

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Hard Disk Protection Issue

Discussion of forensic workstations, write blockers, bridges, adapters, disk duplicators, storage etc. Strictly no advertising of commercial products, please.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2, 3  Next 

Satyendra

Hard Disk Protection Issue

Post Posted: Nov 05, 15 11:28

My 500GB (Seagate) Hard Drive, 32GB (Moserbaer)USB, 8GB (Kingston)USB is write protected and i am unable to write any data into it.
I try a lot of ways which already mentioned on internet like DISKPART, DEVICE MANAGER OPTION, FROM REGISTRY and OPEN SOURCE TOOLS.
If anyone suggest me Solution.  

MDCR

Re: Hard Disk Protection Issue

Post Posted: Nov 05, 15 21:11

Could be a physical write protect switch on the drive itself, could be a configuration setting in Windows:

1. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disk-is-write-protected

2. http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/registry-hack-to-disable-writing-to-usb-drives/?PageSpeed=noscript  

athena

Post Posted: Apr 30, 17 11:23

Hello Satyendra
Most likely your disk has ATA password which is stored in platters .Unless you remove it you will not get sector access.
If you don't have data you can securely erase disk which will clear password.  

Satyendra

Post Posted: Jun 24, 17 16:44

I tried all these things but didn't not successful. Before Write Protect its work Normally.  

C.R.S.

Post Posted: Jun 24, 17 16:54

Another way to block write access to (unencrypted) devices in Windows is the Bitlocker policy.  

RolfGutmann

Post Posted: Jun 24, 17 17:49

If all 3 devices, HDD and two USB drives are blocked to write, did you get ransomwared? I mean did you get a message of paying a ransom to unlock?  

kacos

Post Posted: Jun 25, 17 10:05

Did you try the DISKPART “attributes disk clear readonly” command as mentioned here?  

Page 1 of 3
Page 1, 2, 3  Next