±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 32089
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 112

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

CHFI course

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

CHFI course

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:51 am

Hi Everyone,

I am doing CHFI course as a top up for my degree and have bought a CHFI book to prepare for the exam. Just wonder if there are further advice, such as reading or mock test. Thank you  

Dizy_0dk

Re: CHFI course

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:23 pm

I haven't taken the CHFI, but I do have other forensics and security certs. My advice:

If you have time, read at least 1-2 other books before the cert guide. This will give you a better background in forensics before you start focusing on the test. If you're in a hurry, focus on the cert guide and go to outside sources when you don't understand something or are interested in a particular topic.

As you read, try out as many tools as you can. Most forensics books mention a bunch. Use EnCase Imager and FTK Imager to image a drive. Try out a couple of MFT parsers after you learn about NTFS. Play with the Sysinternals suite. Download a free forensics suite such as Autopsy. Run OSForensics on your own PC and see what you can find. Download a demo of Mobilyze or Mobiledit and run it on your own Android or iOS device.

If you need help picking some books, I recommend Incident Response and Computer Forensics (3rd), and Windows Forensic Analysis Toolkit.  

tracedf

Re: CHFI course

Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:11 am

Thank you for the useful info.  

Dizy_0dk

Reply to topicReply to topic

Share and Like this forum topic to get more replies

Page 1 of 1