±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 34077
New Yesterday: 5 Visitors: 167

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Huawei 6X parse whatsapp db

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Huawei 6X parse whatsapp db

Post Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:19 am

Hey there!

I'm trying to parse the whatsapp database on a Huawei 6X the phone is unlocked. But as you know i cannot root the phone unless i unlock the boatloader which will delete everything.

I can see the ,crypt12 database, but how can i decrypt it now!

and this problem always persists in Huawei phones!

any help ??

Thanks  

CopyRight

Re: Huawei 6X parse whatsapp db

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Would it be possible to setup a forensic workstation running the Windows version of WhatsApp (https://www.whatsapp.com/download/), and then configure the Windows version of WhatsApp to synchronize with the same WhatsApp that is on the Huawei 6X phone?

You would need to extract the WhatsApp user ID (email address) and password from the phone or via a subpoena to WhatsApp.

I recently encountered WhatsApp running on a Mac OSX and the underlying data was not encrypted, which is why I am wondering if there is a way to migrate the data to a workstation via synchronization with the WhatsApp data in the cloud.  

UnallocatedClusters

Post Posted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:27 pm

I sent you a PM.

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:22 am

- UnallocatedClusters

You would need to extract the WhatsApp user ID (email address) and password from the phone or via a subpoena to WhatsApp.

This would be interesting, where would i find the WhatsApp User ID and password from the phone?

Subpoena would be extremely difficult in my case.

Thanks.  

CopyRight

Post Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:07 pm

What Android version is the phone running?

Do you have access to the sim card which is associated with the phone number used for WhatsApp? Is the SIM still active?  

SamBrown

Post Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:15 am

The Android Version 6.0 and yes we do have the SIM Card however the sim card is passcode locked.

I have already tried downgrading the WhatsApp app using Elcomsoft WhatsApp explorer and UFED touch, the WhatsApp databases are now readable. But all the voice notes are not in the correct form.

I'm assuming because WhatsApp encrypts them in a .opus extension.  

CopyRight

Page 1 of 1