±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 7 Overall: 36105
New Yesterday: 9 Visitors: 144

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

EnCase export of PST/OST files

Forensic software discussion (commercial and open source/freeware). Strictly no advertising.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

sovietpecker

EnCase export of PST/OST files

Post Posted: Jul 24, 17 21:04

Hello guys,

So i have this question, I would like to know if and how to export PST and OST files to msg format using EnCase. If that is not possible in encase could someone recommend software that is capable of doing that. I have used systools before but the software is not reliable ( i literally loaded a 25Gb OST and got 1GB of emails, but on second load the software was able to extract 12GB) and it is slow.

I need something that could batch export multiple PST/OST files to msg. Both windows and linux tools are welcome.  

jpickens

Re: EnCase export of PST/OST files

Post Posted: Jul 24, 17 21:16

Typically you can mount the PST, blue-check all items and right-click to export MSG. At least that was the case for a while.

CHeck the encase app store on their website, there may be a script that will do this easier for you.  

jhup

Post Posted: Jul 24, 17 21:34

You could try Proof Finder by Nuix. $100 donationware.  

jpickens

Post Posted: Jul 24, 17 22:27

Powershell could do this for you as well if you can mount a copy of the PST. See link:
social.technet.microso...powershell  

jasonlee

Post Posted: Jul 25, 17 00:02

Check out aid4mail.

www.aid4mail.com/buy-n...conversion  

sovietpecker

Post Posted: Jul 25, 17 13:57

- jpickens
Typically you can mount the PST, blue-check all items and right-click to export MSG. At least that was the case for a while.

CHeck the encase app store on their website, there may be a script that will do this easier for you.

Thanks. This works but only with small PST files. If i try it with like a 40GB PST files EnCase struggles.  

sovietpecker

Post Posted: Jul 25, 17 13:59

- jhup
You could try Proof Finder by Nuix. $100 donationware.

Proof Finder is amazing. I have been using it for a few weeks now, but i dont see an option to export PST/OST files and there is the huge limitation of 10GB.  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next