±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 33043
New Yesterday: 8 Visitors: 150

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Bitcoin investigations training

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page 1, 2  Next 

Bitcoin investigations training

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am

Does anybody know if there is a practical Bitcoin investigation training available on the market?

I don't want a webinar, but a real training explaining the basics of Bitcoin / cryptocurrencies, analyzing wallets, tracing transactions, tools available, case scenario, playing around with wallet client applications, hands-on exercices with analysis tools, etc.

I saw that the UNODC started a train-the-trainer program earlier this year (https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/frontpage/2017/May/unodc-launches-training-to-tackle-money-laundering-and-bitcoin-banking-fraud.html). There is no information on if/how can we attend such training.

Thanks  

ThePM

Re: Bitcoin investigations training

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:30 pm

You may contact www.issworldtraining.com/. They provide 'seminars' in Washington DC and recently had a Bitcon related training.  

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:10 pm

PM,
I would echo TB's post and suggest you start with ISS. Personally I'm tired of just hearing about Mt. Gox, Miners, Satoshi's and Pirate Bay.

A couple of years ago I spoke with a guy at a tech conference who was teaching on the subject. I told him what I needed to know is hypothetically lets say a guy comes in claiming he purchased a car for x amount of Bitcoin, but he didn't get it. How do I turn available information into actionable intel and catch the suspect? At the conclusion of the class I downloaded two wallets that had major differences. The instructor then gave me $1.00 in Bitcoin and we sent it back and forth to each other a few times.

Lots of folks doing the high top presentations, but if you're looking for a deep dive that may be more difficult to find.

I'm not a cellular technology expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

hcso1510

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 am

Yesterday, I attended the ISS webinar on "Bitcoin 101". It was only an hour and a half and the investigation part was only an overview.

I contacted the speaker as ISS about the seminar. I'll post some infos if I get a reply.

I also found a "Cryptocurrency Investigator" training in the UK from a company called Blue Lights Digital (https://bluelightsdigital.com/project/cryptocurrency-investigator/) . There isn't much info about the training so I contacted the company and requested additional information.  

ThePM

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:41 am

- ThePM
Yesterday, I attended the ISS webinar on "Bitcoin 101". It was only an hour and a half and the investigation part was only an overview.

I contacted the speaker as ISS about the seminar. I'll post some infos if I get a reply.

I also found a "Cryptocurrency Investigator" training in the UK from a company called Blue Lights Digital (https://bluelightsdigital.com/project/cryptocurrency-investigator/) . There isn't much info about the training so I contacted the company and requested additional information.

May be this link helpful u

www.cybersecuritytrain...kw=bitcoin

Thank you
rosh  

deft9080

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:46 am

- ThePM
Does anybody know if there is a practical Bitcoin investigation training available on the market?

Can you elaborate as to what you mean by "Bitcoin investigation training"?  

keydet89

Post Posted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:57 am

Can you elaborate as to what you mean by "Bitcoin investigation training"?

Basically, I want to learn about the general concepts of Bitcoin and crypto currencies, how can we trace transactions, people involved in the transactions and find the money. If we seize some material from a suspect, what kind of traces should we be looking for (ex: wallets), what tools are available for analysis, etc.

Of course, the best would be able to do some internal R&D and figure this out ourselves, but with the case load and time constraints, I think a good training would be more efficient.  

ThePM

Page 1 of 2
Go to page 1, 2  Next