±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36296
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 190

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Why You Should Hire a DF Professional for Criminal Cases

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 

MDCR

Re: Why You Should Hire a DF Professional for Criminal Cases

Post Posted: Jan 03, 18 17:43

- RolfGutmann
Back to: How you know a DF Professional is capable of cracking the criminal element as he is master in the technical domain?

You don't. You have a team of varying expertise that are good on different aspects of an investigation with the occasional overlap. You just don't take someone who is familiar with police procedures and putting them in front of XWays and expect magic, the same goes for taking a memory forensics guy and putting them in charge of witness interrogation. The world doesn't work that way.

I remember seeing a horrible job ad a while back with an insane amount of skill requirements for a position at EUROPOL, apart from DFIR it had police requirements, physical fitness requirements, pentest requirements (seriously wtf?) as well as some things no one would even bother with in other positions. I thought "good luck with that" as i closed down the tab in my browser.  

RolfGutmann

Re: Why You Should Hire a DF Professional for Criminal Cases

Post Posted: Jan 03, 18 17:59

You are right. Europol is searching for superheros who do not exist. As long the only focus is on certificates and no real assessment is made to recognize the 'creative brain potential' to solve the impossible good or very good candidates drop-out in the HR process.

Its proven that geniuses are not detected by non-geniuses. But the only genius I know personally is the most humble person. He always says he is 'behind schedule'. Right, we all are.  

Page 4 of 4
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4