±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36209
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 119

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

iphone password backup

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

giandega

iphone password backup

Post Posted: Jan 22, 18 09:03

I am analyzing an iPhone. I use mobile edit forensic express 5.
Unluckly the iPhone backup is password protected. I tried a four digit pin attack with no result.
Other attack are too long.
Is there something to bypass the password?
Thnks best regards  

JDCoulthard

Re: iphone password backup

Post Posted: Jan 22, 18 10:19

If the device is running iOS11, and you have the device, it is possible to reset the backup password using the following process:

If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup

You can’t restore an encrypted backup without its password. With iOS 11 or later, you can make a new encrypted backup of your device by resetting the password. Here’s what to do:

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap Reset All Settings and enter your iOS passcode.
3. Follow the steps to reset your settings. This won't affect your user data or passwords, but it will reset settings like display brightness, Home screen layout, and wallpaper. It also removes your encrypted backup password.

4. Connect your device to iTunes again and create a new encrypted backup.

You won't be able to use previous encrypted backups, but you can back up your current data using iTunes and setting a new backup password.

Click Here for more details.

HTH

JC  

OxygenForensics

Post Posted: Jan 24, 18 08:32

You can try Oxygen Forensic Detective software. It has the built-in Passware module that helps to find passwords to encrypted backups using the latest algorithms and technologies including distributed processing and GPU acceleration. You can choose any of the available attacks, like brute-force, dictionary, Xieve, etc.  

giandega

Post Posted: Feb 16, 18 09:10

- JDCoulthard
If the device is running iOS11, and you have the device, it is possible to reset the backup password using the following process:

If you can’t remember the password for your encrypted backup

You can’t restore an encrypted backup without its password. With iOS 11 or later, you can make a new encrypted backup of your device by resetting the password. Here’s what to do:

1. On your iOS device, go to Settings > General > Reset.
2. Tap Reset All Settings and enter your iOS passcode.
3. Follow the steps to reset your settings. This won't affect your user data or passwords, but it will reset settings like display brightness, Home screen layout, and wallpaper. It also removes your encrypted backup password.

4. Connect your device to iTunes again and create a new encrypted backup.

You won't be able to use previous encrypted backups, but you can back up your current data using iTunes and setting a new backup password.

Click Here for more details.

HTH

JC

I tried this. But It asks me the old password. I don't have it.
thanks  

mcman

Post Posted: Feb 16, 18 14:18

JC's instructions are great but as mentioned that reset only works on new backups not the previous one you have so any new backup you create will work but it won't work on the old one.

Jamie  

north

Post Posted: Apr 05, 18 11:38

Try 1234. if the user does not define a password, 1234 is defined as the automatic password.  

randomaccess

Post Posted: Apr 05, 18 12:43

- mcman
JC's instructions are great but as mentioned that reset only works on new backups not the previous one you have so any new backup you create will work but it won't work on the old one.

Jamie

if you still have the device you can update it to ios11 and follow the same instructions  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next