±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 5 Overall: 35641
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 178

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Facebook Businesspage messages

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

LeGioN

Facebook Businesspage messages

Post Posted: Feb 02, 18 13:52

Hello!

I have spent far to long trying to google myself to an answer.. So I have to admit defeat and ask the people that know more than me.. The Forensic Focus Forum.

Facebook has a download feature that downloads all your personal facebook data, which is nice if that is what you are after. Facebook also has a download feature which you can use to download data from your (Lets say you have a Taco-business) page. The issue is that it does not include messages sent to the page, and these messages are not in the personal data either.

Then a bit about me.

I work for the tax office. And we have periodic controls with different companies, where many of them use facebook as their homepage. A issue we face then is if they take orders on facebook, as it would mean that we have no way to actually check if the numbers of sales they have registered matches the amount sold.

So short story shorter;

I created a fake facebook account, and on that fake facebook account I created a fake business page.

I then sent messages to both the personal and the business page and exported the data to archives. (See output of archives in images below.) And the business page messages are not to be found in either.

The personal page:

The business page:

So my question is then if any of you know how to get a hold of those darn messages?
Any forensic tools would be appreciated!

/S  

LeGioN

Re: Facebook Businesspage messages

Post Posted: Feb 05, 18 14:35

Well what do you know.. Google IS your friend.

github.com/eisenjulian...t-download

Someone actually had the specific thing I needed already scripted.
One happy tax-man right now!  

Page 1 of 1