±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 33814
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 172

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

Summer Internship Query

Discussion of computer forensics employment and career issues.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Summer Internship Query

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:34 am

Hello,

I am currently on my second year of "Computer Science with Security and Forensics" in Cardiff University. I am trying to find an internship within Forensics for the summer. I've tried many different companies but yet to get a response/ receive any kind of offer.

I was wondering if anyone could help me or offer any guidance?

Many thanks
Jacob  

jacobpage45

Re: Summer Internship Query

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:27 am

Hi Jacob,

I'm currently on placement in my third year of a similar course to you.

I know all too well the difficulties of trying to find companies willing to take you and even finding the listings themselves.

Does Cardiff have a careers department where placements are listed? My University had a page of placements which was actually very helpful - they seemed to know the best companies to seek out just because they do it every year around this time.

Have you considered any of the 'Big 4' finance/accounting firms? Back when I was searching, PwC had lots and lots of different positions within their Assurance team which seemed quite DF-eDiscovery related.

There are a few private labs around the UK you could try and get in contact with. IntaForensics, CCL, SYTECH, Cyfor.

If you are thinking about going into Police you should try and seek out the Regional Organised Crime Unit for your area - I think TARIAN would be yours.

You might not have thought about it but also Government placements are available. They'll always all be on Civil Service Jobs. The MoD and Intelligence agencies seem to advertise often as well as the NCA and Home Office.

You should be comfortable with maybe having to move (probably to London) for a placement - just a fact that there are more positions and companies around that area. Trying to find something local severely limits you before you've even started..

I know it's not easy. I'm about halfway through my placement now and It's one of the best decisions I have made.

Good luck!

Dan  

engdan

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:46 am

See Link

www.nationalcrimeagenc...uk/careers

Or you could do what i have done and search "internship XXX" into search engine.  

dandaman_24

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 am

Thankyou for your replies!

I have yet to have any positive responses but will keep looking!

Thanks again!
Jacob  

jacobpage45

Page 1 of 1