±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 1 Overall: 34725
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 172

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Moving across the pond

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Moving across the pond

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:45 am

Hello all, I have a friend who wants to move from the USA to the UK and currently works in Forensics and would like to continue working in this field.

It proving a difficult task and I was wondering if anyone else has been through a similar experience or is able to advise how best to make this happen.  

nsbuck

Re: Moving across the pond

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:02 am

The technical part is mostly the same, but the laws and the accreditation process differs a lot. Some UK based people might tell you details.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:56 am

You may get in touch with this UK forensics expert

www.forensicfocus.com/...e=trewmte/  

RolfGutmann

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:45 am

If they want to work on any law enforcement or government work vetting will be required and that means a minimum of five years residency in the UK before being considered.  

garybrevans

Post Posted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:51 am

A competent and experienced forensic investigator with excellent written and spoken English should not struggle to find private sector work in the UK regardless of country of origin. As garybrevans has stated correctly some government/police posts will be out of reach at least for a few years but there's lots of private work available, particularly in London.

redcat

Page 1 of 1