±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 34321
New Yesterday: 7 Visitors: 139

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

RSS Feed Widget

±Latest Webinars

iCloud lock removal

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Go to page Previous  1, 2 

Re: iCloud lock removal

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:13 am

It's a proxy server, which has a fake DNS resolving for *apple.com Smile If it is still working, you should be able to connect it worldwide.

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:27 am

On the iOS setup process the apple server makes a IP geolookup and proposes the 2nd time a respective country language. Apple could easily geofence the activation process to the respective continent e.g. based on the GDPR.

Faked/Changed DNS entries are normally the first step into CyberDeath.  

RolfGutmann

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:42 pm

Go for the facts and not for the theory!

While everything shall work as you say, the reality shows it works as I say Smile

A single router with fake DNS, ntp server and a modified pre-captured url communication for a real activation would lead to the results needed.

It is so easy, do a test task, monitor what this proxy you mentioned is doing compared to a real activation! You'll be amazed that a value of zero or one can be so surprising for a lock removal Smile

passcodeunlock

Page 2 of 2
Go to page Previous  1, 2