±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35244
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 233

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Physical Extraction Samsung Galaxy S8/S7 Active

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

JohnNW

Physical Extraction Samsung Galaxy S8/S7 Active

Post Posted: Dec 14, 18 12:51

Hello all,

I have two phones I'm trying to get a physical on. Unfortunately I have not been able to accomplish this, and I need to get into the users password protected folders and deleted data. Both logical and file systems were ran without any issues, but I really need a physical.

Any suggestions? I'm more interested in getting into the S8 which is running Android version 7.0.  

passcodeunlock

Re: Physical Extraction Samsung Galaxy S8/S7 Active

Post Posted: Dec 14, 18 15:18

I think it can be done, I sent you a PM.
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

JohnNW

Post Posted: Dec 14, 18 16:55

I’m only interested in solutions that I can try on my own, without paying thousands of dollars.

Thanks for the offer though.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Dec 15, 18 03:24

There isn't such a thing, good luck!
Apple passcode unlock + decrypted filesystem dump, Android user locks unlock + physical dump with decrypted userdata partition. We provide our services world-wide, but we reserve the right for choosing which tasks we take and which we deny! 

mshibo

Post Posted: Dec 15, 18 08:31

Well, you may want to start looking for ENGROOT files for both phones which will allow you to gain root access without wiping userdata partition and then you can start physical extraction. I know that for S7Active, ENGROOT file is available and also public.
Good luck.  

passcodeunlock

Post Posted: Dec 15, 18 10:18

Depending on the device model, Android version and Android patch level, we also work with engineering boot based methods. The processing is manual, not some click-forensics based stuff. A single mistake is enough to brick the phone and your data is gone forever.

This kind of in-lab work usually has high costs. The costs are way higher for devices where an engboot isn't publicly available, which is the current case for the S8. If it not worth a few thousands dollars, then the case isn't important, why bother with it at all ?! Smile

TinyBrain

Post Posted: Dec 15, 18 16:02

Professional forensic unlocking service has its legitimate price - no Rolls-Royce for free. This forum is for professionals, not freeware surfers.  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next