±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35755
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 127

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Physical extraction of SM-A600FN

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

laukru

Physical extraction of SM-A600FN

Post Posted: Apr 16, 19 10:17

Hello,

I'm having trouble with a physical extraction of a Samsung Galaxy A6 (SM-A600FN).

Cellebrite's UFED4PC supports this device, but it's not working for me. Maybe some of you have run into the same issue as me?

Facts:

Phone: SM-A600FN
Software: Android 8.0
UFED4PC version: 7.16.0.109

The problem:

Entering download mode with cable 100 is fine and I just quickly see the "Running step 1 / 5" text. Then UFED4PC asks me to disconnect the cable and change cables to 130. Now I'm supposed to hold vol- and vol+ and connect the cable. If the phone doesn't power on, hold power button too. But nothing happens. It's like the phone wont talk to cable 130 at all.

I tried with the generic profile as well (Exynos 7870) and on two diffrerent machines. Same result.

Should I be so lucky that someone here has solved this problem or can tell me if I am going about this in the wrong way? Smile

(I contacted Cellebrite support too, but no help so far).

Thanks.  

BDME

Re: Physical extraction of SM-A600FN

Post Posted: Apr 16, 19 11:34

Is the device already rooted?  

laukru

Re: Physical extraction of SM-A600FN

Post Posted: Apr 16, 19 11:44

The device is not rooted. I actually just got a response from Cellebrite saying that they do not support this particular unit after all, but they will in a future update.  

Page 1 of 1