±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35750
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 106

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Automated filesystem/partition analyse within Encase

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

Geggs

Automated filesystem/partition analyse within Encase

Post Posted: Jun 15, 19 23:20

Hello,

I'm trying to figuring out the advantages and disadvantages of using automated filesystem/partition analysis within EnCase vs Manual Analysis by a Practioner.

I've googled it but could not find any information. Can anyone help me out, direct me to any link where I can read more about filesystem analysis using Encase.

Thank

GG  

athulin

Re: Automated filesystem/partition analyse within Encase

Post Posted: Jun 16, 19 06:33

- Geggs
'm trying to figuring out the advantages and disadvantages of using automated filesystem/partition analysis within EnCase vs Manual Analysis by a Practioner.

Well, the best way to attack that is probably to test various cases. Make a file system, test it with EnCase, and figure out what you would need to manually to produced the same results. Repeat.

You can find some relevant tests at dftt.sourceforge.net/, but you will almost certainly need to create your own in order to cover all options.  

keydet89

Re: Automated filesystem/partition analyse within Encase

Post Posted: Jun 16, 19 12:26

- Geggs

I'm trying to figuring out the advantages and disadvantages of using automated filesystem/partition analysis within EnCase vs Manual Analysis by a Practioner.

Taking a step back for a moment, what are you ultimately trying to accomplish?

Tools like EnCase are great for data parsing and presentation, but the ultimate "analysis" needs to be accomplished by a knowledgeable practitioner, based on the goals of the investigation.  

Page 1 of 1