±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36212
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 136

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER Staffordshire Police (UK)

Forensic Focus has a new job board and this forum has now been archived. If you are a job seeker, please view our current list of job vacancies at https://jobs.forensicfocus.com/jobs/ If you are an employer/agency and wish to post your job vacancies, please register at https://jobs.forensicfocus.com/registration/
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

pfenwick

MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER Staffordshire Police (UK)

Post Posted: Jul 16, 08 12:12

MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER
HIGH TECH CRIME UNIT
PROTECTIVE SERVICES DIVISION
GRADE F (STARTING AT £19,539 - £26,028

The successful applicant will work within the High Tech crime Unit which is part of the Protective Services Division. The Unit provides support and advice to the Force for investigating crime which involves the use of mobile telephones, and the recovery of electronically held data from those devices

The post-holder will examine mobile telephones used during the commission of crime or other matters relating to Police enquiries. Conducting forensic examination of telephones promptly completing, submitting and presenting reports to a standard acceptable for Court use. The role will include undertaking an appropriate strategic approach to investigations, managing and maximising the effectiveness of all available resources, providing an advisory service to investigating officers on mobile telephone evidence recovery matters when appropriate.

The Successful candidate will have:

• Experience of undertaking detailed and complex enquiries / Investigations demonstrating the ability to deal with multiple tasks within a structured time scale.

• In-depth knowledge and understanding of telephone technology, operating systems and software.

• Exceptional working knowledge of the functionality of the internet demonstrating the ability to (and ideally experience of) research comprehensively across the internet and to join recognised on-line forums to establish effective working relationships with other practitioners.

• Experience of evaluating, analysing, organising and present complex information in a variety of formats.

• Have a good awareness of the role of the Crown Prosecution Service. Prosecution procedures and protocols.

• Comprehensive knowledge of the following:

• Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, RIPA.
• Human Rights Act, 2000.
• Data Protection Act, 1998.

Application packs can be fully downloaded from the links below. Where you are unable to download the documents, packs can be obtained by ringing HQ HR Services, on direct line telephone number 01785 235235.
Completed applications should be returned on-line to [email protected] or posted to HQ HR Services, Staffordshire Police, Block 6, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0YY by no later than Wednesday 06 August 2008.

Application packs will not be available for download until Monday 21st July 2008

Staffordshire Police Recruitment  

tomforman

Re: MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER Staffordshire Police (UK)

Post Posted: Jul 16, 08 22:13

I would say "Yearly"  

Jonathan

Re: MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER Staffordshire Police

Post Posted: Jul 17, 08 13:07

- calimelo
Hi,

Just curious, these salaries are monthly or yearly?

Multiplying the quoted figures by 12...I'd be a little surprised if any mobile phone analyst earned £312,336 (equivalent of US$625,000) per year, especially one for law enforcement! Smile

tomforman

Re: MOBILE TELEPHONE FORENSIC EXAMINER Staffordshire Police (UK)

Post Posted: Jul 17, 08 14:10

A point well made Jonathan, however, can i just point out the following.

If there are any mobile phone analyst jobs going which have an attached salary of over £250k.

Email me, and i'll send you my CV!

Smile