±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 2 Overall: 36767
New Yesterday: 4 Visitors: 159

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

ISO rating Forensic science regulator

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts

bigjon

ISO rating Forensic science regulator

Post Posted: Apr 20, 09 21:53

Following the closure of CRFP everyone will have to get the standards iso17020 which will superceed iso 9001, and or iso 17025 in order to carry out forensic work.Theres a timeline of three years to be at the standard (little longer for mobile phone work)
But........ if a police force for example have to outsource to a large firm of examiners they must have the iso rating, however should this firm re-sub contract (due to sheer volume) to another smaller firm or independent ( say myself working out of my front bedroom) then I do not have to have this standard as long as the first link has this then the rules are covered.
Strange set up I know but this would still mean that an unregistered body (me) has still produced for court and this is sufficient because the large firm will undertake the quality assurance.
smaller independent practitioners could actually just "piggy back" on larger set ups without ever applying for the ISO status'  

Page 1 of 1