±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 120

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Motorola U6

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page 1, 2  Next 

Forensication-can-be-fun

Motorola U6

Post Posted: May 07, 09 19:59

Good Afternoon!
I have a Motorola U6 and am attempting to view the contacts stored on the handset. I have an option to import them onto the SIM card, but not to view any associated details. Does anyone have any experience with this model of handset? I am loath to change any data on this SIM.

Thanks for your time.  

bigjon

Re: Motorola U6

Post Posted: May 07, 09 20:40

I have had a similar problem with a handset and I put a cloned SIM in (appreciate I have overwritten the call history, I was asked to recover several txt messages from the handset at all costs, call history can be sorted from service provider).
I ended up with the original SIM and two further "engineered" ones.
As there was total transparancy in my actions I didnt have any problems at a case conference some months later  

burratha

Post Posted: May 07, 09 21:09

bigjon - appreciate what you're trying to say, but you won't obtain missed calls from the provider, nor incoming or outgoing calls less than 2 seconds in duration (from memory)

If you cloned the SIM, then do you know why the handset cleared call logs? Wouldn't a clone have enabled them to be retained, unless they had been cleared prior to you taking possession of the handset?  

bigjon

Post Posted: May 07, 09 21:16

burratha your quite correct re the clone, on two threads together and have lost the plot totally re that.
the two second duration ?? not heard of this before  

burratha

Post Posted: May 07, 09 21:22

Heard it from a SPOC once upon a time..  

trewmte

Post Posted: May 07, 09 23:51

- burratha
but you won't obtain......incoming or outgoing calls less than 2 seconds in duration (from memory)

Well actually yes you can get these records, but in the proper call detail records as opposed to billing records or basic call records. For instance calls with displayed 'zero' duration are used to infer an attempt to contact the called party irrespective as to whether it can be demonstrated conversation took place or not.
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

bigjon

Post Posted: May 08, 09 11:27

are the call data records where one would also go to get historic cell site of where somebody had been  

Page 1 of 2
Page 1, 2  Next