±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36738
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 147

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Motorola U6

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2 

trewmte

Re: Motorola U6

Post Posted: May 08, 09 13:11

- bigjon
are the call data records where one would also go to get historic cell site of where somebody had been

A Call Detail Record (CDR) contains start and end cell.

Do remember, for the purposes of accuracy, a Call Detail Record is a single record of a mobile telephone call and is legally and Standards recognised. The mobile terminated call (MTC) CDR example below is included in my work that I was commissioned to prepare and published for Dr Bainbridge Aston University: Admissibility of Computer Evidence in Criminal Proceedings, 1998. The relevance of mentioning this is that there is nothing new about cell identification being recorded in a Call Detail Record.

Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

burratha

Post Posted: May 08, 09 14:17

- trewmte
- burratha
but you won't obtain......incoming or outgoing calls less than 2 seconds in duration (from memory)

Well actually yes you can get these records, but in the proper call detail records as opposed to billing records or basic call records. For instance calls with displayed 'zero' duration are used to infer an attempt to contact the called party irrespective as to whether it can be demonstrated conversation took place or not.

I stand corrected. I was just referring to hearsay, as I explained.

Thanks for the info  

bigjon

Post Posted: May 08, 09 18:41

does one have to be making or have made a call in order to be "traced" ie a male claiming to be in one place in the country but cell analysis tells us that he is in different part of country even though he has had his phoned inactive made nor received any calls/ txtxs  

trewmte

Post Posted: May 09, 09 15:09

- bigjon
does one have to be making or have made a call in order to be "traced" ie a male claiming to be in one place in the country but cell analysis tells us that he is in different part of country even though he has had his phoned inactive made nor received any calls/ txtxs

This is exactly why GMP staff need to attend my training courses, bigjon.
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

Page 2 of 2
Page Previous  1, 2