±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35503
New Yesterday: 0 Visitors: 116

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Webinars

Cybercrime Institute @ Kennesaw State Univ. - CCE training

Computer forensics training and education issues. If you are looking for topic suggestions for your project, thesis or dissertation please post here rather than the general discussion forum.
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

DaMan

Re: Cybercrime Institute @ Kennesaw State Univ. - CCE traini

Post Posted: Sep 28, 05 22:06

- roncufley
To an extent I go along with daMan's comments but I think that it is fair to say that computer forensics is more concerned with file systems than with operating systems and the Kennesaw State course does explore NTFS fairly extensively. It is also fair to say that FAT filing systems will be with us for a long time into the future, if not on PCs then certainly on various solid state cards and in embedded systems.

Very true. At the end of the day, you need to be prepared for whatever comes your way.

Now that some of us are post training, we can see the areas that we wish someone taught us so we didn't have to scramble to figure it out ourselves. Shocked

I think the fundementals are well covered by all and for someone who is looking to get into forensics, they will all do a good job.

etolson

Re: Cybercrime Institute @ Kennesaw State Univ. - CCE training

Post Posted: Oct 01, 05 22:52

I will be taking the On-line bootcame starting in January from Kennesaw (Key Computers). Has anyone completed this?

My question is regarding the materials provided. Will they send materials in the mail or will it be materials that I can download and print. I noticed that someone said for the one week bootcamp, they provided two thick sprial bound books and I am wondering if the on-line users get the same thing.

Thanks!!

Elizabeth

roncufley

Post Posted: Oct 02, 05 04:43

The answer to your question is: both. Most of the software is sent through the post, some you download. The course material is available on-line and, if you attend the boot-camp, it is also provided in hardcopy form.
CCTV Forensics and analysis
Tape eDiscovery and Forensics 

dietro

Post Posted: Oct 02, 05 06:30

- roncufley
Whilst EnCase and Access Data's FTK are discussed this is a vendor neutral course.

I have also attended some vendors' instruction sessions which may teach one about a particular product but certainly did not teach me much about computer forensics.

To sum up - it is a first-class course presented by able and knowledgeable instructors in a custom built lab to small groups of students. Go for it!

I attended the Bootcamp at KSU last December. I have to echo roncufley's sentiments here.

Some have suggested that the bootcamp, or online course, is simply to prepared you to pass the CCE exam. That may well be true, but realize that the CCE itself is a vendor neutral certification that focuses on knowledge of conducting complete digital forensic examinations with or without slick gui-based tools.  

dd85

Post Posted: Apr 12, 06 00:03

how long does it take between the enrollement for 1 module and the beginning of this module , if you choose the online version.

thanks

farmerdude

Post Posted: Apr 12, 06 02:03

Honestly if you have interest in the training and/or the CCE you should contact Mr. Mellon. I've only ever found him to be responsive and honest to questions. So questions about duration and what you receive, etc., can be best answered by the folks who offer the training themselves. Especially because things often change, and if no one on this forum has undergone that specific training recently you might receive outdated information.

regards,

farmerdude

www.forensicbootcd.com  

jamie
Site Admin

Post Posted: Apr 12, 06 02:42

how long does it take between the enrollement for 1 module and the beginning of this module , if you choose the online version.

I believe they aim to turn it around within 48 hours.

Jamie  

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3