±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 36474
New Yesterday: 1 Visitors: 147

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

Quickbooks .qbw file recovery

Computer forensics discussion. Please ensure that your post is not better suited to one of the forums below (if it is, please post it there instead!)
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3 

gmarshall139

Re: Quickbooks .qbw file recovery

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 16:56

Andy,

Do you know the filename? You could try and locate the inode table entry for the file. Failing that search for remnants of a Master File Table. Sounds to me that it may have been a NTFS partition at one time. Either one would tell you the starting and continuing extents for the file you are looking for.

ranikolahdd

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 17:50

- Andy
Again if anyone has any sensible replies, the file system is XFS. Anyone aware of tools for file recovery of an XFS file system?

Andy

OK this is not really nice thing to say, first off all you need to know is the didk ok or not.If it has Badsectorst that can mean that something with firmware is wrong.
second if you didnt take it out from the box i need do know how do you connect it to your pc, Is it over crossover or not,
3. What is the model off hdd inside the box so i can help you with common firmware problems, but you do not need help as I can see.
Nikola  

ranikolahdd

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 17:51

r-studio, stellar....  

Andy

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 19:21

Tried them already, also tried xfs_repair in Linux (as it appears the superblock is corrupt). All negative so far. The disk is a Maxtor 120GB diamond Max Plus 9 (model - 6y120L0). Firmware YAR41BW0.

I'll leave it for now, many thanks.

Andy  

ranikolahdd

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 19:38

there is a whole world in data recovery thaty is not run bu west , i is run by east.
Leave on the side what you have been stuiding for now and realise that you need to have a working drive in order to extract data.
So repair the hard drive and you will have your data.
CAn you do sequentil check of every sector on the hdd, can u read them
If you can than u have logcal probelm, but if not then....
Can scan whole drive, and how is it conneted to your pc  

hogfly

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 22:26

Andy,
Have you tried using a secondary superblock? Provided you are using an image, try fsck'ing the disk, then run xfs_repair  

Andy

Post Posted: Aug 28, 05 22:37

I've not been able to locate the secondary superblock. I'll try what you suggest though.

Andy  

Page 3 of 3
Page Previous  1, 2, 3