±Your Account

Username
Password

Forgotten password/username?

Site Members:

New Today: 0 Overall: 35742
New Yesterday: 3 Visitors: 90

±Follow Forensic Focus

Forensic Focus Facebook PageForensic Focus on TwitterForensic Focus LinkedIn GroupForensic Focus YouTube Channel

RSS feeds: News Forums Articles

±Latest Articles

±Latest Videos

±Latest Jobs

MNO & MVNO SIM Cards

Discussion of forensic issues related to all types of mobile phones and underlying technologies (GSM, GPRS, UMTS/3G, HSDPA, LTE, Bluetooth etc.)
Subforums: Mobile Telephone Case Law
Reply to topicReply to topic Printer Friendly Page
Forum FAQSearchView unanswered posts
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next 

dngroen

Re: MNO & MVNO SIM Cards

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 19:07

Interesting, I have seen vectone Mobile sims being distributed here in Birmingham, which I assume is the case for you Coligulus.

Coligulus

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 19:50

- dngroen
Interesting, I have seen vectone Mobile sims being distributed here in Birmingham, which I assume is the case for you Coligulus.

A colleague of mine actually handed it to me. He had sourced it direclty from the website having been lead there by an inquiry.  

trewmte

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 19:52

- Coligulus
UK Vectone Mobile - www.vectonemobile.co.uk Interestingly from a look at the SIM card there are no forbidden PLMNs stored. The ICCID and IMSI point towards UK01 (Mapesbury Communications Ltd) though I'm assuming that it can roam onto any network as I do not believe that UK01 actually own any national infrastructure. I may of course be wrong with this belief.

Good find Coligulus.

UK01 (Mapesbury Communications Ltd) have licensed Concurrent Spectrum Access [1781.7 - 1785] [1876.7 - 1880]. The UK01 website (with logo " Joomla! ") is down for maintenace and the other site Mapesbury doesn't mention whether they own their own infrastructure or are a VMNO. I telephoned Mapesbury and their sales department guy said that they, in essence, piggybacked off T-Mobile radio coverage in the UK.
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

Coligulus

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 19:53

UK Nomi Mobile - www.nomi-mobile.com - Runs on Vodafone Network  

Coligulus

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 19:56

- Coligulus
Good find Coligulus.

UK01 (Mapesbury Communications Ltd) have licensed Concurrent Spectrum Access [1781.7 - 1785] [1876.7 - 1880]. The UK01 website (with logo " Joomla! ") is down for maintenace and the other site Mapesbury doesn't mention whether they own their own infrastructure or are a VMNO. I telephoned Mapesbury and their sales department guy said that they, in essence, piggybacked off T-Mobile radio coverage in the UK.

If this is the case do you not think it strange that there are no forbidden PLMNs? I would expect to see that they restricted connections to the other major players. Must they have an agreement with all of the network providers for this to be the case?  

trewmte

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 22:04

- Coligulus
If this is the case do you not think it strange that there are no forbidden PLMNs? I would expect to see that they restricted connections to the other major players. Must they have an agreement with all of the network providers for this to be the case?

It does seem odd but in some early Phase 1 cards (some were nicknamed 'metrocards') it only allowed calls to be made in specific geographical areas (e.g. Inside M25, London area only etc).

I have looked at Mapesbury Communications Ltd marketing offering, which states:

"MCom is currently building areas of contiguous GSM mobile phone coverage with a view to providing a mobile service in certain urban areas of the UK which have a high proportion of ethnic community residents."

However, if you could email to me a USIM (Pro) APDU report, or the USIM .IMG file and IIC file or text tracefile log I try and work out what they done to block access to other networks?
Mobile Telephone Evidence & Forensics trewmte.blogspot.com 

Coligulus

Post Posted: Feb 02, 10 22:29

- trewmte
However, if you could email to me a USIM (Pro) APDU report, or the USIM .IMG file and IIC file or text tracefile log I try and work out what they done to block access to other networks?

I could send you either a SIMCon, .XRY, Aceso or CelleBrite read of the SIM card or if that will not provide the relevant information then you could source one for testing free here www.vectonemobile.co.u...r-sim.aspx which is were my colleague Doug ordered ours from.

Thanks for your input. Cool  

Page 2 of 4
Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next